Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch (MFNW)
The objective of our Neighborhood Watch is to work in partnership with the Menomonee Falls Police Department in a cooperative effort towards preventing and reducing crime in the Village of Menomonee Falls, in order to maintain the high quality of life that we all enjoy. We act as an additional set of eyes and ears for our police officers.
“Selected as Best Neighborhood Watch Group in the U.S.A. in 2009 by the National Sheriff’s Association”
2009 AWARD: Excellence by a Neighborhood Watch Group
The Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch, located in Menomonee Falls, WI has made great strides in improving the Village of Menomonee Falls, educating and empowering the residents while assisting the Menomonee Falls Police Department. The group believes that safety and security start at home. Their mission is to work in partnership with the police department in a cooperative effort towards preventing crime in order to maintain the high quality of life.
The group began in 1986 with one neighborhood concerned about a series of thefts that were occurring. That one neighborhood has grown to 185 blocks including 4,500 if approximately 10,000 households. The NW group publishes a quarterly newsletter which includes crime prevention tips, letter from the chief, community events, and any other items of interest.
They meet six times a year with an average of 60 to 100 block captains in attendance. The meetings include “meet your police officer’ as a way to improve police/citizen relationships and foster in a collaborative effort for reducing crime. One of the many activities the group sponsors is helping elderly/disabled with yard work; collecting food for the local food pantry, making gift baskets for the Women’s Center and volunteering at numerous community events.
NOTIFY ME – SIGN UP & GET CONNECTED
THE MENOMONEE FALLS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH* RECOMMENDS THAT ALL RESIDENTS WITH INTERNET ACCESS, SIGN UP ON THE VILLAGE’S “NOTIFY ME” PROGRAM. IT IS LOCATED ON THE VILLAGE’S MAIN WEB SITE: http://www.menomonee-falls.org/list.aspx. ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND SELECT THESE ITEMS.
- Crime Alert: Notification of criminal investigations or events involving public safety and/or assistance.
- Crime Prevention: Receive Crime prevention tips and monthly Activity Reports.
- Emergency Alert: Receive notifications of severe weather or other Emergency conditions affecting the village.
- Neighborhood Watch: Receive the Neighborhood Watch Newsletter for Police Department updates from Chief Ruzinski and awareness articles.
- Traffic Alert: Receive notifications of dangerous road conditions, closures and detour information.
If you are already signed up on NOTIFY ME, please add these selections to your choices.
Anyone interested in more information about Neighborhood Watch or starting a Neighborhood Watch block watch on your street, apartment building or condo association should contact Officer Nicholas Gapinksi at 262-532-8721 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen Leaders of the Neighborhood Watch Program for 2015
- Michelle Lilly, President
- Brian Fritsch, Vice President
- Bonnie Lemmer, Secretary
- Steve Cosentino, Treasurer
- Don Greif, Member at Large
- Dennis Farrell, Member at Large
- Monty Ringe, Member at Large